Friday, January 9, 2015

Dreaming about warmer weather - #LillyforTarget



The first week of January has come and gone, which means we are a little bit closer to warmer weather...That is what i keep telling myself to get through 20 below 0 temperatures...

I cannot believe it's 2015 already!! Last year flew by and I cannot wait to see what this year has in store!!!

The first week of January was filled with excitement and good news; one of my best friends got married, my fiancé and I booked a photographer for the wedding (jumping and screaming on the inside!! nbd!!), I went back to work in Michigan where almost froze to death (0 degree temperature but it feels like -20, not my cup of tea) and Target announced their newest designer collaboration.... Lilly Pulitzer!!!!!

For those of you who don't know who Lilly is you can read her story here.

When I first heard the news Wednesday afternoon (My sister sent me a screenshot of Target's Instagram when they announced the collaboration) I jumped up and down my hotel room, and screamed a little bit...Im pretty sure the people staying in the floor below found it very annoying. I have loved Lilly for a very long time, I love the fact that she is not afraid to use color and her clothing is timeless and effortlessly chic. The one thing that I didn't love about Lilly is the prices, but like my mom always says....you get what you pay for....and a Lilly dress is something that will be in your closet for many years to come!

The Target collaboration with Lilly Pulitzer means the timeless clothes and accessories we love at an affordable price....which will be a great thing for my wallet!!! :) After I had come down a little bit from the high of hearing this fantastic news I started to really think about what this meant; both for Lilly Pulitzer as a company and as a brand.

Lilly Pulitzer as a company:

1) Appeal to a wider demographic; which means that people that would't normally got out of their way to buy a Lily piece might find something they like at target and buy it. If they are satisfied with their purchase they might become a loyal consumer and buy pieces at a Lilly store or boutique that carries the brand. Lower prices, good quality and bright colors will attract new customers, will may drive an increase in sales.

2) National exposure; the Lilly brand will be sold at Target and this means that it might reach places where Lilly boutiques are not a staple (You would be surprised at how many people in Vermont didn't know who Lilly was)

3) Increase sales for local boutiques that carry Lilly Pulitzer; Target collaborations are not forever, they are limited edition pieces and sales. This means that after the Lilly and Target collaboration is over people who fell in love with Lilly through target (lets be honest once you buy your first Lilly piece you will be in love) will be looking for places that sells their new favorite brand....and I've seen more boutiques that sell Lilly than Lilly stores around my area :)

Lilly Pulitzer as a Brand:

1) It won't be an 'Exclusive' brand anymore; over the past couple of days i have read a lot of tweets about how it is not fair that now Lilly will be affordable while the rest of us have been paying full price for the past couple of years. Now everybody will have something Lilly, there for the brand won't be as exclusive. I disagree with those opinions, Lilly is releasing exclusive prints for Target which means there will be some brand expansion and more prints to love. The sorority prints will still be exclusive to Lilly Pulitzer stores and high end retailers.

2) Plus Size Lilly, Target will release Lilly plus size clothing online only, this will be the first time that Lilly clothing will be sold in plus sizes. Target is testing the waters by selling plus sizes online only and figuring out the possibilities Lilly can have as a plus size retailer.

3) A symbol of timeless elegance; Lilly will still be known as the perfect brand for the spring and summer. The Lilly brand will obtain more recognition among customers as effortlessly chic clothing in bold prints and bright colors.


In Honor of #LillyforTarget here are some of my favorite Lilly pieces:

This is one of my favorite outfits to wear to the office, it is so versatile! The pants are the focal point of the outfit, they can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.

Pants (Exact here) Print - Splash Pink Show Your Stripes // Heels (Exact here) // Shirt (Similar here) //
Necklace (Similar here) // Watch (Similar here)


I have worn this dress plenty of times, it is great for easter or any special occasion. The pastel colors make it perfect to start wearing in the spring.

Dress - Lilly Spring 2013 // Print - Spring Fling

Shoes (Similar here) // Pearls (Similar here)


Who says pencil skirts have to be boring?? This is the perfect skirt to cheer you up on a rainy spring day :)

Blouse (Similar here) // Skirt (Exact here)


Lilly Pulitzer prints inspired me to paint this monogram for my room, and some smaller ones as part of my Bridesmaids gifts :) This print is called First Impressions!!

Lilly Pulitzer inspired wooden monogram

Initials for my Bridesmaids :)

Regardless of how you feel about the Target collaboration with Lilly, i believe it will be a great move for the company and I can't wait for April 19th, 2015.

Lilly Pulitzer herself would be proud, now she will have the opportunity to make more people happy with her fabulous clothing...and happy never goes out of style!! :)




Love, Isabel

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished