Tuesday, January 20, 2015

#LoveYourClosetChallenge



The past couple of days I have been posting outfit pictures on my Instagram with the hashtag #LoveYourClosetChallenge....and I gotten a lot of questions from my family and friends about what it is...

Last week I joined two wonderful bloggers; Abbie from All Things Tiffany Blue and Samantha from Life & Messy Hair on the #LoveYourClosetChallenge and pledged to not to shop for 30 days!! These wonderful ladies came up with an amazing idea; for 30 days (from January 14th until February 14) only wear things that you already own, fall in love again with the things in your closet and stop impulse shopping.

When I first read about this challenge on their Instagram I thought it would be so much fun, but I did not realize how hard it would be. Anybody that knows me knows that I LOVE to shop, and most of the time I buy things that I don't need, or things that I am going to wear once and then forget about them. I decided to do this challenge because it will help stop shopping just to shop and it will also help me become more aware of the clothes, shoes, and accessories that I already own!

One of the most exciting parts of this challenge is using your creativity to put together looks that you didn't know were in your own closet!! After the challenge you should have created 28 outfits from things you already own; there are 2 free days because everyone deserves a lazy day! :) (I already used one of those days on Friday! It was a hard week hahaha)

If you want to participate on #LoveYourClosetChallenge make sure to check out Abbie's post and Samantha's post about the challenge for all the rules and details :)

Here are my first 7 looks for the #LoveYourClosetChallenge....Enjoy!

Day 1:  

After a stressful 3 days at work my fiancé and I decided to go on a casual date, which we hadn't done in a while. It was chilly outside (30 degrees is really cold in Texas!) and I wanted to be comfortable but still look cute...that's when I found this Lauren Conrad sweater that I got over a year ago, and it still had the tags!!!

Sweater (Similar here) // Leggings (Same here) // Boots (Similar here) //
Monogram (Similar here) // Kendra Scott Necklace (Exact here)

All Smiles for Date Night :)

Day 2:

I have an obsession with animal sweaters and bows...i can't believe I forgot I owned this beautiful pair of shoes :)

Monogrammed Necklace (Exact Here)

Owl Sweater (Similar Here) // Jeans (Exact Here

Shoes (Similar Here same brand, just open toe)


Day 3:

I used one of my free days! I was in my PJs all day, and it was AMAZING :)

Day 4:

My fiancé and I drove to his hometown for his little brother's reception/going away party, he joined the army and will be leaving for boot-camp next week! We will miss him very much, but I know he is going to accomplish amazing things!!!!!

Necklace (Similar Here) // Blouse (Similar Here) // Jeans (Exact Here) //
Booties (Similar Here and Here)

Let's not forget a mirror picture :)

Day 5:

Sunday was spent make-upless, with my family, watching football and taking naps...I really love Sundays!!! I completely forgot I own a monogram sweatshirt!!!! I was really excited to find it in my closet :)

Sweatshirt (Similar Here

Monograms on my walls, monograms on my clothes....Monograms everywhere!!

Day 6:

After a week at home it was time to travel back to Michigan for work! I always try to be comfortable when I travel, but that doesn't mean I can't look cute ;) Layers were very important for this outfit because I was going from 70 degree weather to 30 degree weather...

Sweater (Exact Here, different color) // Layering white sweater (Exact here) // 
Leggings (Exact Here) // Booties (Similar Here and Here) // 
Laptop Bag (Similar Here)

Necklace (Exact Here) // Watch (Exact Here and it's on Sale!)

Kendra Scott Ring (Exact Here)

I love these booties, I haven't worn them in over a year because they were hidden at the very back of my closet!

Day 7:

There is not a lot of soft pink in my closet, because I feel like it washes me out....but this JCrew baggy sweater is perfection! Pair it with military green pants and black accents and you have the perfect combination of tough and girly! Another reason why I love this sweater so much is because it is really warm, and it is not bulky at all!

Sweater (Exact Here, different color) // Pants (Exact Here)

Bangles (Similar Here) // Watch (Exact Here



Make sure to follow me (@isa678), 
and Samantha (@xosamanthabrooke
to keep up with our looks for the 
#LoveYourClosetChallenge


I hope y'all have a great week!! :)



Love, Isabel




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished