Sunday, December 28, 2014

I Heart Chicago

The weekend before Christmas my mom and I took our annual Mother-daughter-trip. This year we decided to go to Chicago. She spend a week with me in Michigan (since I still had to work) and then we took a train to Chicago :) I fell in love with that city!! Chicago is magical during the holidays!!! There are Christmas lights everywhere and I took pictures with at least 5 Christmas trees (a new personal record!)

The outfits I planned for my Chicago trip had to be practical, yet stylish...also they had to be very warm :) Layer and accessories were the key for dressing that weekend.

Thursday

Meeting, work, and trying to stay warm...fur vest was a must! :)

Beautiful downtown Lansing :)

Dress (Similar here) // Tights (Exact here) // Vest (Similar here) // Belt (Similar here

Friday

Early train ride and our first full day in Chicago, I decided on a button up layered under this wonderful J.Crew reindeer sweater! 




Monogrammed Necklace (Similar here) // Statement Necklace (Similar here) // 
Bracelet (Similar here)


Plaid Button up (Similar here) // Sweater (Exact here) // Jeans (Exact here) // Boots (Similar here)


Necklace (Similar here)

Saturday

Day two of our Chicago trip, it was one of the coldest days of the weekend so I opted for a red turtle neck J.Crew sweater and leggings.

Ready to tackle Day two in Chicago!!
Necklace (Similar here)

Sweater (Exact here) // Leggings (Exact here) // Boots (Similar here)

My mom and I at Willis Tower :)
Sunday

Our last day in Chicago and a train ride back to Michigan! Sunday was the warmest (warm is a relative term since it was high 40 degrees) day of the weekend so i was able to wear a lighter sweater and a vest. Mixing patterns and a statement necklace made the outfit.

Shirt (Exact here) // Vest (Similar here) // Leggings (Same as above) //
Boots (Same as above) 


I love this vest so much! It's one of my wardrobe staples 

My new coat! It will help me keep warm during the Michigan winter
Coat (Exact here but different color)

Monday

Traveling back home to be with my family for the holidays!!! :) Wearing a cat sweater!! I might now be very fond of cats as pets but i sure love cat sweaters!!


Cat Sweater (Similar here) // Coat (Similar here)

The people on my flights probably thought I was a crazy cat lady! hahaha!

More of Chicago...

The Bean



Mom and I wearing matching blanket scarfs :)


The Palmer House



The Water Tower


With Harry Carey :)

The start of the Magnificent Mile

By Wrigley Field

One of my favorite Christmas Trees outside of the Cheesecake Factory :)




Love, Isabel


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished