Monday, October 27, 2014

Stick to the Basics

Even the best planned outfit can failed on a Monday morning. I hate Mondays as much as the next person, that is why on Monday mornings I like to keep it simple and stick to the basics. Keeping it simple doesn't mean that you have to be boring, it just means that a classic shirt, neutral pants, and a great statement necklace can go a long way!!

This morning I didn't want to think too much about what i was going to wear, but I knew I wanted to wear a statement necklace to show off my new haircut!!! So over the weekend i did something i didn't think I could ever do...I cut 10 inches off my hair!!!!! Ever since I can remember I've had long hair, i loved my long hair and after my mom gave me a bowl cut at the age of 11 (I had broken my arm during that summer and couldn't do anything with my hair, also the long hair and humidity were giving me awful headaches!) I bowed that I would never have my hair shorter than shoulder length ever again!! Well this past weekend I got really close to shoulder length hair...

After a couple of days of getting used to my new hair I actually love it, it is so much faster to get ready in the morning!! I also feel that this shorter hair is very professional and a lot of fun!!

My New Hair!! :)

I wanted to show off my new hair to my coworkers, so I decided my hair should be the focal point of my outfit/look. A black and white ensemble with a pretty statement necklace was the way to go :)



Also I got to wear my new Trench Coat!! (Exact here)

In order to show off my new haircut I needed something that would bring attention to my face, and what better frame than a pretty statement necklace and a striped shirt! The best part of this necklace is were I got it from....you are not going to believe it! One day I was getting groceries at Walmart and my sister pointed out these beautiful statement necklaces and they are only $10!!! (talk about win-win)

Statement Necklace (Exact here) || Striped 3/4 Sleeve shirt (Exact here)

Black Heels (Exact here) || Pants (Similar here and here)

Michael Kors watch (Similar here) || Texas Bracelet (Exact here) || Nail Color Revlon Color Stay Envy in High Stakes


I hope you had a lovely Monday and have a great week!!! :)



Love, Isabel


2 comments :

  1. Hi isabel, i like your style! Hope you always have a lovely day everyday. Pleas visi myblog too.

    Www.loveredaily.blogspot.com

    Thank you

    Regina Fortunata

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished