Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2014: A Year In Outfits


I can't believe it's the first week of December already! This year has flow by!! I remember welcoming 2014 with my friends and family like it was yesterday. 2014 has been an amazing year; I got to travel A LOT, one of my best friends got married, and I got engaged!!!! :) (among many more amazing things, too many to list them all)

As a homage to 2014 I decided to do a recap of my favorite outfits this year. In the past couple of year (specially the past year) my style has evolved into a girlier, polished, more grown up version of myself, also as my career has grown my style has changed to adapt with it as well (I can't imagine wearing some of the things I used to wear in college to work. Oh Lord Hahahaha!)

Here is a recap of my 10 favorite outfits of the year:

1) Bridal Showers, Florals, and Sparkle:

This is one of my favorite things I wore all year! The skirt is so girly that it felt appropriate to wear it to my best friends bridal shower, since it is such an statement piece (my fiancé calls it my cupcake skirt) I kept the rest of my accessories simple. The sparkly shoes complement the pink florals in the skirt, while the white silk shirt and white purse let the skirt be the primary focus of the outfit.

Skirt (Similar here and here) // Shoes (Exact here - no longer available, Similar here) // 
Purse (Exact here)

Top (Similar here

2) Menswear Inspired:

Boyfriend jeans, oxfords, and neutrals...the perfect elements for the perfect outfit.


Top (Similar here) // Boyfriend Jeans (Exact here) // Shoes (Exact here) //
Necklace (Similar here) // Watch (Similar here) // Texas ring (Exact here)

3) Mint to be:

My sisters and best friend surprised me with the best engagement party ever!! I happened to be wearing one of my favorite dresses from one of my favorite stores (Hope's - They offer free shipping with every order!!!). Sadly that mint dress in no longer available but Hope's has a wide selection of cute dresses perfect for every occasion. It was a very special day, and of course it had to be in my 2014 outfit recap :)


Dress (Similar here) // Shoes - not pictured (Exact here)
4) Rainy day:

The best way to make a rainy day better? Bright colors and monograms! :)

Boots (Exact here - ON SALE!) // Shirt (Similar here) // Jacket (Exact here) //
Jeans (Similar here)

5) Faux Fur:

My fiancé doesn't understand faux fur, but I love wearing my faux fur vests. The can add some glamour to any outfit! :)

Sweater (Similar here) // Faux Fur Ombre Vest (Similar here) //
Black and Brown boots (Similar here) // Jeans (Similar here)

6) Chevron:

This chevron shift is one of my favorite dresses! It is so versatile and comfortable, I wear it to work all the time.

Dress (Similar here and here) // Monogram necklace (Similar here) // Ankle booties (Similar here) //
Black tights (Exact here) // Black belt (Similar here)

7) Dressing for Comfort:

Lately I have been taking the 6am flight, which means I have to be at the airport really early and I am not a morning person! So I had to find an outfit that was comfortable but didn't make me look completely sloppy. That is when I discovered the Victoria's Secret Sweaters :)

Sweater (Exact here) // Leggings (Similar here) // Sneakers (Similar here) //
Jacket (Exact here)

These are just some of my favorite outfits I wore this year,  it's a wide range of styles; what can i say? I like to keep it interesting :) 

It's bittersweet saying goodbye to 2014 it has been an amazing year, but I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring (specially becoming Mrs. Pipes!!!!) 

Keep warm and wear some sparkle this holiday season!!!! :)



Love, Isabel

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished